This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is kdenlive really ready for editing my shortfilm ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
levisraju
Registered Member
I usually edit my YouTube videos on kdenlive and I am pretty comfortable with it. But I also had nightmarish flashbacks like disappearing video clips and damaged project files. But I use it for most of youtube videos like movie reviews, trailer breakdowns etc.

But I've shot a short film with 200GB of rush and I want to know the experience of anyone who have worked with kdenlive for editing such a video with such a huge input. The short film might last around 15 mins. I am planning to give it some tweaks some using Natron and creating the edit with kdenlive. What are your opinions on that ? I cannot afford a failure in the middle.

I've worked with kdenlive and I know almost all of the shortcuts and therefore workflow is not a problem for me.

My youtube channel :[url]youtube.com/filmmortuary[/url] (The last 10-15 videos are edited using Kdenlive except that Pubg short.)
Merlimau
Registered Member
Which version of Kdenlive do you use? Linux/Windows? 17.12 and 18.08.3 is quite stable.
What I do is, I make just parts of the whole video in one project and put the parts together on the end (not only in Kdenlive). So the timeline is smoother to handle as well.