This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem opening existing projects

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
soaks
Registered Member

Problem opening existing projects

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:21 am
Whenever I open an existing project, I get the window where clip problems are displayed -- but there are never actually any problems listed in the window. If I say OK, then a backup of the project is made and the project opens normally, and all the clips are there as expected.

I had never had this problem before, but I have a new computer and this is a new install of kdenlive. The files were all created on this computer, though; it's not something funny with some old set of files. And it's not a big deal; I can just continue after clicking ok in the clip problems window; the only real issue is the proliferation of backup files that result from kdenlive thinking it has changed the original file. And it happens for every project I create and then re-open.

I am running Ubuntu 18.04, and using the latest AppImage for kdenlive (18.08.3-x86_64).
Merlimau
Registered Member
Do you have some special characters like “?” in the path to your clip or on the clip name itself? Had a similar issue and then always produces a backup.
soaks
Registered Member
No, the problem is the file used some title templates that referenced fonts that were not on my new machine. But the only way to figure that out was to debug the code.

Opened this bug as a result:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=401903
Merlimau
Registered Member
Thank you for the feedback. I opened a Junior-Task so the dev’s can see it.