This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help, WindowsBuild error 1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
momohua
Registered Member

Help, WindowsBuild error 1

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:32 am
I try to build kdenlive from the link instruction:
https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Deve ... ndowsBuild
I have went to the step "cd mxe" and "make kdenlive" .
But it failed and says that "Failed to build package x265 for target x86_64-w64-mingw32.shared.posix"
What can I do next? Is there anyone here who can solve this problem please? Help me!

[img]F:\work\temp-work\temp\kdenliveerror\TIM截图20181213105326.png[/img]
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Help, WindowsBuild error 1

Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:28 am
Hello,

You are at step 1 over 3 of my history of building Windows binaries ;)

• I have always used MXE from a Linux host, to cross-build the windows binaries. Glad to know it start on Windows too :)
    MXE stores its logs in log/ subdirectory, you could look at what failed for x265 (maybe nasm missing?)
  • To build Kdenlive from Windows, I had recently published my script to run this from a msys2-mingw64 shell:
  • As I was struggling with KF5/Qt5 bugs, I learned all the patches were applied using KDE Craft building tool, so last weeks I switched to this tool (used on KDE build farm), and last night I got Kdenlive to run this way! (solving annoying bug of never exiting process)
    So if you can wait for few days I will submit my changes to Craft.

OK for you?
momohua
Registered Member

Re: Help, WindowsBuild error 1

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:08 am
vpinon wrote:Hello,

You are at step 1 over 3 of my history of building Windows binaries ;)

• I have always used MXE from a Linux host, to cross-build the windows binaries. Glad to know it start on Windows too :)
    MXE stores its logs in log/ subdirectory, you could look at what failed for x265 (maybe nasm missing?)
  • To build Kdenlive from Windows, I had recently published my script to run this from a msys2-mingw64 shell:
  • As I was struggling with KF5/Qt5 bugs, I learned all the patches were applied using KDE Craft building tool, so last weeks I switched to this tool (used on KDE build farm), and last night I got Kdenlive to run this way! (solving annoying bug of never exiting process)
    So if you can wait for few days I will submit my changes to Craft.

OK for you?

I am so glad to receive your reply at this topic. I want to make three points:
First, I did Run the script in the MSYS2. But there was a error which result in failure. It probably said "Validation of a package's digital signature failed", I did not remember the details. But I will report the details for you soon.
Second, After from first, I tried to build Kdenlive windows's installer package from linux using mxe. Then it occured the problem about x265 failed.I will check the specific log information later and hope you can continue to help.
Third. I noticed craft on BBS. But it's not clear yet. What is their relationship between Kdenlive and Craft?