This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

how add calligraphy fonts in a kdenlive project title clip?

Tags: kdenlive, kdenlive kdenlive, kdenlive kdenlive, kdenlive
(comma "," separated)
dimzev
Registered Member
I want to use calligraphy fonts.
Does it have the kdenlive English calligraphy fonts?
can you give me the name ?
Because I use Greek language , I've added Greek fonts to my system and write normaly to libreoffice writer .
In kdenlive sees the titles of greek calligraphy fonts but I can not print either a letter in title clip. It prints only empty boxes ...
What should I do?
bartoloni
OS
Can you provide a link to the font?
dimzev
Registered Member
bartoloni
OS
Just extracted 3 fonts from the MULTIFONT-PACK (2nd link) .. imported on Windows Fonts folder (not tested on Linux)... and no-one are respecting the font STYLE (using GREEK texts.. on Libreoffice writer) .. seems that Libreoffice is using a tahoma bold replacement... or something like that.. but not the visual style of the font... (if i use standard ascii characters, the font style appear right...) this mean that on PACKS probably a lot of fonts are only for standard characters. (and not greek or cyrillic)

ALSO.. if i use a font from the first link (for example the VARELA TTF http://www.aka-acid.com/fonts/ACVarela.zip )..
i have a correct style on Libreoffice...ad a correct syle on Kdenlive

Looking at this seems that when a TTF character set doesn't contain Greek (or cyrillic) characters Kdenlive is displaying squares... And libreoffice is replacing the squares with a default greek font... if the font contain the full character set .. Kdenlive is displaying the font right.