This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't get Kdenlive installed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bartoloni
OS

Re: Can't get Kdenlive installed

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:07 pm
vpinon wrote:I just uploaded an updated installer (with translations, color themes & breeze widget style)

Very thank you Vincent, i 've tried the installer.. but seems that the themes are still no present.

after cleaning all Kdenlive config files.. and folders...

BTW translations works.. this mean that is a new package, but the color-schemes folder is still missing. (probably is an NSIS script issue)
rpetersen
Registered Member

Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:09 pm
vpinon wrote:I have been running Kdenlive on a netbook with Atom+1GB RAM... Of course quite slow, even with low resolution material, but it works :) So old computer is not an excuse...

I just uploaded an updated installer (with translations, color themes & breeze widget style)

I have:
Intel Core 2 Duo 7500 at 2.93 GHz 64 bit with 4 Gig of ram.
system is running in a 200 Gb partition of a 1 TB drive with about half that 200 free space. So should be plenty of hard disk real estate.

Is that installer newer than the one bartaloni referenced a couple posts above yours? The one that I tried? Should I try it? Thanks for sticking with me.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:29 pm
What you can try is: To make sure the project is according your footage/clips hit CTR+****+, (comma) and tick under Misc “Check if first added clip matches project profile”.
rpetersen
Registered Member

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 am
vpinon wrote:I just uploaded an updated installer (with translations, color themes & breeze widget style)

Just tried this installer with no different results. >:(
bartoloni
OS

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:29 am
Merlimau wrote:What you can try is: To make sure the project is according your footage/clips hit CTR+****+, (comma) and tick under Misc “Check if first added clip matches project profile”.

is this ( **** ) a SHIFT without the F ?
rpetersen
Registered Member

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:19 pm
I really want to use Kdenlive but just not making progress. I feel like it is probably something obvious that I am not doing or some really blatently obvious simple step that I'm missing.........or something.

I tried the new installer. Which, as I understand it, you don't need to do the copying files from one folder to another. Can I try an older version and do copy the files? Does anyone have any other ideas to try?
rpetersen
Registered Member

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:04 am
IT IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was running Window 8.1, as I had posted above. I finally just upgraded to Win 10. Then installed Kdenlive and it is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bartoloni
OS

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:45 am
rpetersen wrote:IT IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was running Window 8.1, as I had posted above. I finally just upgraded to Win 10. Then installed Kdenlive and it is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very strange.. i've also a machine with Windows 8.1 and i can use Kdenlive without issues... can i ask you what antivirus you were using (on Windows 8.1) ?

BTW.. just in time for the 18.12.1 release of kdenlive !!! https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 8.12.1.exe
rpetersen
Registered Member

Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:49 pm
bartoloni wrote:very strange.. i've also a machine with Windows 8.1 and i can use Kdenlive without issues... can i ask you what antivirus you were using (on Windows 8.1) ?

Of course, you can ask. AVG.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:05 am
On Windows 8.1 you had: Exception code: 0xc0000005. I just had the same problem. Solution: Switched to a standard printer like "XPS Document Writer" solved the problem. I assume you had some old driver on Win 8.1. Now with Win10 you have all driver new incl. the sound device driver.