This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Audio export to ardour for post production

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Rouquette
Registered Member
Hi,

I'm editing a webserie with a friend who is a sound technician and we are trying to do it using only open source softwares. It's been a real pleasure so far to work on kdenlive but we are facing a serious problem.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to export the audio mix from a kdenlive project to a file format equivalent to the omf or aaf and open it in Ardour or another open source audio editing program ?

I've seen some solution with stem export but it's not very clear how to do it and from what I understand it can only be done track by track which is a real post-production nightmare.

Thanks in advance for helping !
Merlimau
Registered Member
Ardour integration is planned as long term (https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Deve ... ng_Roadmap ) . I assume you want to export all audio tracks from Kdenlive in a manner that you have it in the same track configuration in Ardour. Something which Premiere <-> Audition can/has. I hope somebody can help you with FFMPEG track render export.
Rouquette
Registered Member
Thank you for you fast reply.
And yes I would like to be able to work with the audio files directly organized as in my video and with the possibility of extending them, basically the same thing as with omf or aaf files.
Would I be able to do that with the ffmpeg render export option or is it just going to export track by track ?
And I will have to order them myself?
It's a huge drawback for us as we created an organization to promote open source software for professional use in the movie industry.... :'(