This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Transparent title clips

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Phillip21
Registered Member

Transparent title clips

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:50 pm
Hi. I'm using Kdenlive Version 18.08.2 (MLT version 6.11.0) running Xubuntu 18.04 - I can't upgrade as I am using an 32bit computer. I make music performance videos, and if I am playing several pieces, I like to overlay the title on the video clips in white text with no background. I have always done this in the past by opening up a new video track over the performance track and putting the title clip there. I'm finding now that the title clip always appear with a black background, no matter what opacity setting I use. I'm not sure when the problem would have started, as I don't use the title overlays very frequently. Is there a fix for this - or maybe some other way of overlaying brief text titles running for a few seconds over the video footage?
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Transparent title clips

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:12 pm
Create and add a title clip to the timeline. In the title clip -> tab Background -> make sure the slider is on the left side.
tomeara
Registered Member

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:11 am
I am having the same problem. Nothing I do makes a text box background transparent. The "Transparency" slider apparently has no real function. The infuriating thing is that when editing the text I can click the "Show Background" box at the bottom... and it displays the transparent frame perfectly. Yet when I save and go back to the timeline replay, the background is black. This really shouldn't be this hard.

Tom
Kdenlive-diamond
Registered Member

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 pm
I can repeat your problem only if I start with for example project as a HD and then I add videos texts and then I change to 4K project settings. Have you changed project settings after doing some work?
Kdenlive-diamond
Registered Member

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 pm
One notice more. Sometimes the preview screen is black and nothing shows correctly. If I drag it a little bit bigger everything shows again ok.