This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to change the location of clips?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tavernsenses
Registered Member

How to change the location of clips?

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:51 pm
Hi,

My KdenLive project is completely (all the resources it uses) contained in a single folder. It's in Dutch.

The idea is to make an English version. So I made an English folder by simply copying the Dutch folder and renaming it. Then I started to overwrite in the English folder the Dutch sound clips with English versions, so without changing the file names.

However, the KdenLive project file in the English folder keeps sourcing its clips from the Dutch folder (which of course have the same file names). So everything keeps sounding in Dutch.

How can I make the English KdenLive source its clips from the English folder?

I use Windows 10
bartoloni
OS
you have to made 2 folders.. DUTCH and ENGLISH ... copy resources from these folders to original soundtrack (for example ... project/audio1.mp3 replacing it... .. Kdenlive can't identifiy content of files ... make sure the lenght of audio files is the same.. use an audio editor to be sure to have same size.

D:
D:/project
D:/project/audio1.mp3
D:/project/dutch/audio1.mp3
D:/project/english/audio1.mp3

just replace the D:/project/audio1.mp3 with the Dutch or English version.. and restart the rendering

the Kdenlive project has paths of sources inside it... and path are "ENTIRE" not just the name of file. .. are : D:/project/audio1.mp3 and not only : /audio.mp3