This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What happened to 18.12.2?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Pathduck
Registered Member

What happened to 18.12.2?

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:27 pm
It was supposed to be out last week, but there was no news update and the only download is the appimage, there is no Windows download?
davevandecappelle
Registered Member
OS

Re: What happened to 18.12.2?

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:14 pm
Windows users are out of the loop for about 3 months. if you do not want to wait, install Linux Mint 19.1 and download it from flatpak and use it.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:17 pm
There are 1 or 2 small updates since 18.12. The AppImge get automatically generated. The Windows version has to be compiled manually at the moment. The whole concentration is on the new coming refactoring version that’s why almost nothing happened to the 18.12 version. And some backport of bug fixes to version 18.12 is tricky since the code is different between 18.12 and the refactoring version.
fcooper
Registered Member

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:40 pm
Hi

Im New and Just Installed this yesterday

today I got this Big Upgrade + Update please look

many thanks

bartoloni
OS

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:28 pm
davevandecappelle wrote:Windows users are out of the loop for about 3 months. if you do not want to wait, install Linux Mint 19.1 and download it from flatpak and use it.

i'm using right now the 19.04 version (Windows port) ... this come from "unstable" folder of ftp.... yep.. just a pre-release.. but it's working, i've just to change some default "preferences"

Pathduck wrote:It was supposed to be out last week, but there was no news update and the only download is the appimage, there is no Windows download?

this is a link to 18.12.2 ufficial release (with installer) for Windows... https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... _64-gcc.7z

but (if the application is not working well) i suggest to replace the Kdenlive folder (search it using left mouse button on application link on start menu) with the re-packed version from wcn.it... http://www.wcn.it/kdenlive_18_12_02-WIn64.zip