This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Trying to edit non-standard video formats

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
elwood
Registered Member
I've got various clips I've been editing from various sources and one veryt neat feature of Adobe Premiere I used to use a LOT was right clicking a clip to create a new project with the same settings as the video clip in question.

It would preserve the bitrate, frame width, frame height, frame rate etc. and allow me to edit something non-standard and not be forced to use a preset.

Is this buried inside Kdenlive somewhere or am I forced to use a preset?

(The main problem I have is having a frame width/height that's not listed in the presets and when I try and create a project, I cannot get it right and end up with a distorted video so I'm like to be able to edit in 480p or some other non-standard frame width/height. Some video clips also have a non-standard frame rate. I'm not looking to convert my non-standard video clip to something standard, just want to preserve the video while being able to edit - mainly trim bits out to keep the parts that are relevant to my needs and finally render into a single file.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Do the following: hit CTR+SHIFT+, (comma) and tick under Misc “Check if first added clip matches project profile”. By drop the first clip into the bin it will ask you to change the profile.
elwood
Registered Member
Brilliant, thank-you very much!