This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Left/right arrow keys do not skip to next frame.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ionutstoican
Registered Member
Hello,

I have been having issues on my Windows machine (latest version) on the latest version of kdenlive: Version 18.12.1 where when I try to go to next frame using either left or right arrow keys does not work.

Also when I try to reposition the timeline needle it does not move but when I hit play it plays from where I put the needle and as soon as I hit play the needle updates.

Here is a link to describe the situation.
https://imgur.com/a/dgJFMNW

Do you know what might be happening?
Thank you.
Merlimau
Registered Member
On Windows the timeline reaction with the Playhead is in some cases not precise and very reactive. Especially on older “slower” machines. Try to update your graphic card driver to the newest version may fix the issue.
ionutstoican
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:On Windows the timeline reaction with the Playhead is in some cases not precise and very reactive. Especially on older “slower” machines. Try to update your graphic card driver to the newest version may fix the issue.

I have a i7 6500u processor with a nvidia 940m and SSD all having the latest drivers. I do not think this is the case of an "older slower" machine.

The feature that I mentioned (left right arrows) worked well until recently. It worked for a week until it didn't
Do you have any other suggestions?
ionutstoican
Registered Member
I have successfully solved the issue.
I was looking through other threads such as this one: viewtopic.php?f=265&t=150569&p=393469&hilit=playhead#p393469

Solution:
Under the Configure Kdenlive -> Environment Tab The processing threads options was 2 -> changed it to 1 and restarted the application and it worked.