This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Fit to Width creates transparent stripes on the side

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
erikhaze
Registered Member
Hello,

I often create slideshows and thus I often click on "Fit to Width" in the Position and Zoom module. I usually use a white background, because most of my images are JPEGs with white background. Thus it should merge with the video without creating black blocks.
In the preview monitor it looks good, because the resolution is small. But when I double click to get the full view, I see sometimes (about 50% of cases) white stripes left or right (or both). It probably depends on the original resolution.

Fit to Width does not use the whole width. Instead of using 1920 pixel, only about 1916 pixel are used. The solution is to deactivate the white background, when I don't need it, or make the picture some pixels bigger and then reposition it. But both is much work, because I have many photos in my slideshow. And it's annoying to think about it.

It would be much better, if "fit to width" really would fill the whole width, there is no need to leave gaps. At the moment most of my videos have these annoying white stripes on the sides. So I hope it can be fixed somehow...

Here an example:
https://i.imgur.com/0orqB4C.jpg

Kdenlive 16.12.2

Using:
KDE Frameworks 5.28.0
Qt 5.7.1 (built against 5.7.1)
The xcb windowing system
Merlimau
Registered Member
As I first step please try with the current Kdenlive AppImage version 18.12.1b from the dowload page.
Update your system to the current version.
erikhaze
Registered Member
Edit: Ok, I learned how to change the repository. I updated now to 18.12.03. I will give feedback within the next days. Wasn't aware that the standard repository is so far behind.

The download page:
https://kdenlive.org/en/download/

says I should install it at Debian with: sudo apt-get install kdenlive
This command says, that I have already the newest version of kdenlive.

Also the download page says: "Unfortunately users of Debian stable are still stuck with 0.9.10 which is unsupported."