This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Heavy stuttering since yesterday on Windows 10

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
karlfee
Registered Member
OS
He Folks, I'm using Kdenlive 18.12.2 on Windows 10 pro.

Before yesterday I was able to edit Video projects with at least 3 video tracks and 2 audio tracks. Working felt super responsive and the fps counter on the monitor screen was most of the time 30 fps.

I don't know what happened but since yesterday my Kdenlive has changed. When I open my project, the monitor screen shows me a green picture with reversed letters on it for some seconds before displaying an actual frame. Also the playback stutters so much (fps still shows 30 fps though) that I can not work anymore. This now happens also if I create a new project with a new video file with a low resolution (756 x480) and when I just try to play it in the clip monitor.

Is anybody out there who knows what caused this strange conversion of my KDEnlive from super performant to unusable over night?

- My specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1701 MHz, 2 cores, 4 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
4 Gig Ram and a Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.
with
MLT version 6.13.0
FFmpeg libraries, KDE Frameworks 5.55.0
Qt 5.12.1 (kompiliert gegen 5.12.1)
Das windows Fenstersystem
Merlimau
Registered Member
Maybe you got the Win10 1809 update. If so you have to update all drivers for audio and video.

Intel driver update you can do with this updater: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/en/dow ... -Assistant

Last edited by Merlimau on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karlfee
Registered Member
OS
Merlimau wrote:Maybe you got the Win10 1809 update. If so you have to update all divers for audio and video.

Intel driver update you can do with this updater: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/en/dow ... -Assistant

This sounds interesting. yes, the only thing that has changed was an update since yesterday. Thanks @Merlimau, I'm updated the drivers via your link. And... kdenlive works like a charm again! You`re an angel.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Glad to hear it works. Could you mark the thread as solved? So others see the solution.
karlfee
Registered Member
OS
Merlimau wrote:Glad to hear it works. Could you mark the thread as solved? So others see the solution.

Done. Thanks again!
Merlimau
Registered Member