This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

missing timeline on kdenlive 19.04

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
h_h
Registered Member

missing timeline on kdenlive 19.04

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:32 am
I eagerly anticipated the release of this version of Kdenlive. I was particularly intrigued by the ability to copy and paste between project windows.
This is why I immediately upgraded it when I saw it on my distro's repo. Unfortunately, I think it's now broken. I couldn't see the timeline:

I'm using arch linux and my window manager is awesome.
I then tried to download and run the appimage. This one worked. I looked into the "about" window of both instances and did find some differences:

Left: install from arch repo
right: appimage

Do you think my particular problem is caused by the KDE framework installed in my system?
kde-camillem
Registered Member
Hi H_h,
Have you tried cleaning your profile ?
Files involved should be listed there :
https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Configuration

HTH
h_h
Registered Member
Thanks for your suggestion.
I found and removed these files:

~/.config/kdenliverc
~/.cache/kdenlive
~/.local/share/kdenlive
~/.local/share/stalefiles/kdenlive
~/.local/share/kxmlgui5/kdenlive/kdenliveui.rc

and I didn't have any file named:
~/.config/session/kdenlive_*

However, this didn't solve my problem :(
alcinos
Registered Member
This looks like a QML error. Could you paste the output of the console when running the buggy version?
It's possible that the arch package is botched :/
h_h
Registered Member
I do see a huge wall of error messages:
"Could not convert argument 2 at"
"expression for index@file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/TreeViewItemDelegateLoader.qml:84"
"insertColumn@file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicTableView.qml:262"
"addColumn@file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicTableView.qml:236"
"expression for onCompleted@file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicTableView.qml:358"
"Passing incompatible arguments to C++ functions from JavaScript is dangerous and deprecated."
"This will throw a JavaScript TypeError in future releases of Qt!"
"expression for index@file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/TreeViewItemDelegateLoader.qml:84"
"insertColumn@file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicTableView.qml:262"
"addColumn@file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicTableView.qml:236"
"expression for onCompleted@file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicTableView.qml:358"
"Passing incompatible arguments to C++ functions from JavaScript is dangerous and deprecated."
"expression for onItemAdded@file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicTableView.qml:617"
"expression for onCompleted@file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicTableView.qml:546"
qrc:/qml/timeline.qml:4:1: module "QtQuick.Controls" version 2.2 is not installed
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::mousePosChanged(int) to MainWindow::slotUpdateMousePosition(int)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::zoomIn(bool) to MainWindow::slotZoomIn(bool)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::zoomOut(bool) to MainWindow::slotZoomOut(bool)
Loading bin playlist...
//////////////////////
Trying to construct 5 tracks.
////////////////////////////////
SUSPICIOUS: we weren't expecting a producer when parsing the timeline
Timeline root not created, impossible to zoom in
kf5.kdbusaddons: Can not find 'kdeinit5' executable at
"/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/default/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl:

Is this something I should bring up to the repo's package maintainer instead?

EDIT: got a new update. It's working now
andreorion
Registered Member
Try this.

sudo apt-get install qml-module-qtquick-controls-styles-breeze

sudo apt-get install kde-style-breeze

sudo apt-get purge kdenlive

sudo apt-get purge kdenlive

sudo apt-get autoremove --purge

sudo apt-get install kdenlive

I did it. Now it works.