This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

CreateFolder button suspends Kdenlive 19.04 beta on Windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chrisml
Registered Member
Hi,
I'm using kdenlive-19.04beta-20190414_portable on Windows 7, Whenever I click on CreateFolder button Kdenlive suspends and the restart of the application is needed.
Is it known issue?

Best regards,
Chris
Merlimau
Registered Member
Do you mean in project bin click on the icon “create folder” you get a crash? Tested on my Win7 I have no crash. Please check the following: Hit CTRL+SHIFT+, (comma)-> Environment -> make sure all paths point to “kdenlive-19.04beta-20190414_portable”.
chrisml
Registered Member
Hi,
yes, I mean the button “Create Folder” in project bin. After clicking it the Kdenlive freezes and the system popup with the message that the application stopped working and should be closed is displayed. Yes all the paths on the tab MLT environment in the settings (CTRL+SHIFT+, (comma)) are pointing to the kdenlive-19.04beta-20190414_portable.

Best regards,
Chris
chrisml
Registered Member
Hi,

I've downloaded the "Windows 19.04.0 install version" but unfortunately I face the same problem.
Is there in this situation any crash log available that I could send for analysis?

With regards,
Chris
bartoloni
OS
just tried on my system.. and create folder works without issues (Win10)

i can only suggest to delete all configurations files and all installation folders ... downlaod the 19.04.0-2 release: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 04.0-2.exe

on installation select "INSTALL FOR ANYONE USING THIS COMPUTER" this make the Kdenlive folder on "PROGRAM FILES"...

go to program files/kdenlive/bin folder... search Kdenlive.exe click on right mouse button on it and select "add to start" (this make a new link on start menu that have USER permissions) .. try launching Kdenlive from this new link. and test again :)
chrisml
Registered Member
Hi,
thank you for the tips. I did the installation in this way but unfortunately it didn't help/solve the problem.

With regards,
Chris
xtrembug
Registered Member
chrisml wrote:Hi,
thank you for the tips. I did the installation in this way but unfortunately it didn't help/solve the problem.

With regards,
Chris

Hello Chris.
I had the same problem. I found a file called "kdenliverc" in my AppData/Local folder. I made a backup and deleted it and also the "kdenlive" folders in AppData Local and Roaming. Backup everything before deleting.
Now a fresh clean install (19.04.0-2 release) and everything worked fine for me.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.
chrisml
Registered Member
Hi xtrembug,

I've already deleted earlier the "kdenlive" folders in AppData Local and Roaming. But deleting the file "kdenliverc" in my AppData/Local folder did the job and solved the problem. Thank you very much for help!

With regards,
Chris