This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot create marker in kdenlive-19.04.0-3911d1a-x86_64

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ITicDigger
Registered Member
I do not know where to write about the bugs have not yet released version, so write here.
No markers are created in any way I know - not via the main menu -> clip -> markers -> add marker, nor via the hotkey. There are no markers in the clip context menu either.
alcinos
Registered Member
Does it work if you add them from the bin clip monitor? Right click on the monitor -> add marker
ITicDigger
Registered Member
alcinos wrote:Does it work if you add them from the bin clip monitor? Right click on the monitor -> add marker

Thanks. But I just wanted to notify the developer of this issue. On the bug tracker, I did not find version 19, so I assumed that the bugs have not yet released versions need to post here.
bartoloni
OS
ITicDigger wrote:I do not know where to write about the bugs have not yet released version, so write here.
No markers are created in any way I know - not via the main menu -> clip -> markers -> add marker, nor via the hotkey. There are no markers in the clip context menu either.

kdenlive-19.04.0-3911d1a-x86_64 i can't find this build on my archive.. and also on the unofficial old versions archive...
is that a Windows build?
ITicDigger
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:
ITicDigger wrote:kdenlive-19.04.0-3911d1a-x86_64 i can't find this build on my archive.. and also on the unofficial old versions archive...
is that a Windows build?

Excuse me. It's not relevant anymore. I just last night saw that 19.0.4 version officially released and it markers are added successfully and when you click the right button of the mouse on the clip on the timeline.
bartoloni
OS
ITicDigger wrote:
bartoloni wrote:
ITicDigger wrote:kdenlive-19.04.0-3911d1a-x86_64 i can't find this build on my archive.. and also on the unofficial old versions archive...
is that a Windows build?

Excuse me. It's not relevant anymore. I just last night saw that 19.0.4 version officially released and it markers are added successfully and when you click the right button of the mouse on the clip on the timeline.

i see that on 19.04 there isn't anymore the GO TO MARKER menu;.. how do you move to a marker?
ITicDigger
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:i see that on 19.04 there isn't anymore the GO TO MARKER menu;.. how do you move to a marker?
DBLCLCK on marker title on clip on timeline.
bartoloni
OS
ITicDigger wrote:
bartoloni wrote:i see that on 19.04 there isn't anymore the GO TO MARKER menu;.. how do you move to a marker?
DBLCLCK on marker title on clip on timeline.

Ok.. probably there is not the "label" Windows version... when i create a marker.. i have just the single pixel vertical line... and nothing to go this marker :(
ITicDigger
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:Ok.. probably there is not the "label" Windows version... when i create a marker.. i have just the single pixel vertical line... and nothing to go this marker :(

Write about this bug here: https://bugs.kde.org/ in the "kdenlive"section. Version 19 just released. It is normal that there are errors. I think will correct.
karlfee
Registered Member
OS
Funnily enough in the Windows -version of 19.04 each marker has a "flag" with it's name but this flag's are missing in the current linux version. So this also means that in the linux version you can't double-click on a marker to jump to it.
ITicDigger
Registered Member
karlfee wrote:Funnily enough in the Windows -version of 19.04 each marker has a "flag" with it's name but this flag's are missing in the current linux version. So this also means that in the linux version you can't double-click on a marker to jump to it.

Not exactly. Jump playhead does not happen, only if the playhead is on any other marker, but if it is not on the marker then everything is fine - when you double-click playhead jumps to the marker on which I click.