This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Current Kdenlive version for linux mint

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS
Hi !
I'm gonna teach a kdenlive class for beginners on computers which have linux mint. Does anybody know what version of kdenlive installs by default on there (it's not installed yet so they can't check now)? I don't need details but basically is it 18 or 19 ? Also anything else I should know about kdenlive on linux mint ? I am on debian usually. Is it stable enough ? Should I recommend that they download the appimage ?
Thanks,
Roxane
Eric Adams
Registered Member
OS
Hello. The version that is in the repo is very old - version 17 something. Fortunately, Mint includes Flathub so if you use the software center and search for kdenlive you'll see two entries. The flatpak version is the latest - version 19. I use the flatpak version and haven't had any issues although some people don't like that it is a large download. If disk space isn't a concern then you should be just fine. Hope that helps.
Hurricane
Registered Member
The appimage works under Linux Mint versions 17, 18 and 19
Thats what I use.
KDENLive Version 19.04 (appimage) seems to work under Linux Mint 19.

Hope that helps
Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS
Thank you both for the answer, i recommended they download the appimage, I have it on my computer so I should be okay.