This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive imports mp3 file as a video

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Fanmad
Registered Member
Hi everyone,

When I import a mp3 audio file into kdenlive, it is sometimes imported as a video with a still image.
When I drag&drop this video into the editing tracks it appears as two grouped tracks, one video - with the still image and no sound - and one audio.
I can remove the video track alone by first using the "ungroup" tool, but is there a way to prevent the audio to be imported as a video at all ?

I can add that the still image is very likely to be part of the mp3 metadata, as the image is consistent with the audio (author's name appearing for example)

If you would like to try to reproduce my problem, it happens for example with the music " Enter the Party " that can be found here : https://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/music.html
(sorry there is no way to link directly to the sound)

My version of kdenlive is 19.04.1 and I am using the Manjaro Linux distro.

Thank you very much for your help
Merlimau
Registered Member
I confirm that MP3 with an image embedded gets imported as a MP3 with the picture and on the timeline it looks like as a video which has a still image.

By importing such an MP3 I got a crash.

At the moment there is no other way to get rid of the video-picture as you have descripted.
motachikseeny
Registered Member
Unfortunately, this is a problem. And when I come across such an audio file, I have to look for another clean one without video. Usually, I make music from the Mp-3 platform see here, so that it is without a video track. Also, a friend of mine collects audio files from everywhere and converts them to Mp-3. And sometimes, you get an audio track with the stopped video. Unfortunately, he also does not know how to get rid of the picture. I hope there will be such a tool to separate audio and video to the fullest extent. In the meantime, I have to waste my time looking for a suitable audio format.

Last edited by motachikseeny on Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartoloni
OS
well.. seems that this is correct.. there is an audio part and a visual part...
hgdrn
Registered Member
OS
Just mute the video part in the timeline.
I would appreciate a config option to switch off this useless behaviour of displaying mp3 cover art.
bartoloni
OS
hgdrn wrote:Just mute the video part in the timeline.

the "ungroup" option is made for cases like this... just ungroup clip and delete the video component.
bartoloni
OS
or also is possible to drag audio component directly from project bin... (using the "speaker" icon next to thumbnail..)

P.S. Jean fixed this thing and on today version of Kdenlive these kind of MP3 are managed as a AUDIO ONLY.

https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenl ... 9a3b380432