This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Windows rendering progress not showing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cnydahl
Registered Member
Hello!
I've been having issues when rendering my projects using the Windows build. Namely, it just says "waiting..." in the queue.
I know it's working on rendering the file, but I really want to see the progress, since it never notifies me that it's finished.
I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else has this problem, but it's been a problem since I started using kdenlive version 15 or so.

However, I've come up with a workaround for now, if anyone else has this problem.
When rendering, I found a file with the same name as the script I create when exporting (in this case, export.mlt) in the kdenlive-renderqueue folder under C:\Users\<username>\Videos\ and next to it another file called export.mlt.txt that continually updates every frame it's exported.
So, you only need tail.exe from Windows Resource Kits and this little batch script I created:
Code: Select all
@echo off
cls
:start
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\tail.exe" -1 %1
goto start

Just drag-and-drop the .txt file onto the batch file and you'll get a command prompt that continually outputs the .txt file content.
Example: http://prntscr.com/objx39

This is just something I put together really quick, it can probably be much nicer, but it's a workable solution until the kdenlive developers fix the issue in Windows.
bartoloni
OS
just checked the latest nightly builds ( 5 versions ) .. and latest standalone/installer packages for windows...
and the progress bar is working for me o Windows 10 (searching issues and bug reports.. no one is reporting a similar issue.. and this mean that no one is starting to fix something...)

the annoying bug of seconds overlapping "render" text is not fixed yet.. (upper green arrow) but the progress bar is correctly displayed.

maybe can be an issue with the "STYLE" of Kdenlive interface? ( do you have "Windows" selected? )

have you tried deleting all Kdenlive related configuration files and folders on appdata/local and appdata/roaming ? ... latest standalone for Windows: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... dalone.exe
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
Feedback about rendering progress is sent from renderer to UI through DBus.
Check if dbus-daemon is not blocked by some antivirus? (but then it would be surprising anything works)...
Note: I have better looking UI keeping "Breeze" style rather than "Windows" or any other...
cnydahl
Registered Member
Okay, there's something really weird going on...
I'm using the latest windows standalone and I rendered a project yesterday and had this issue.
Now I tried rendering something else just for fun, not changing anything except that my Antivirus is turned off (don't know if it was turned off yesterday though, just noticed it was now) and I do get a remaining time. But it's not updating as it should, it just freezes and updates a bit now and then.
Actually, it just updates when I alt-tab to another window (Chrome in this case, to write this) and when I alt-tab back to it, it has updated with a few seconds/minutes, but never when I have the kdenlive window open...
Oh, I just realized another difference: this time I'm rendering to my SSD instead of my HDD. Don't know if that makes any difference, except for speed...

Before:

Now:

I'm going to do some more "debugging" on my part, but for now it seems like it's either my antivirus, the speed of the storage medium or some bug in kdenlive.
However, it's not solved - there's still an issue with the progress not being updated as it should. Maybe the dbus-daemon isn't working as it should?
I took a quick look in the task-manager and dbus-daemon.exe isn't listed at all...

EDIT:
I just remembered that I also enabled another setting in kdenlive, I think it would be called "use KDE's queue following" something (as you see in the screenshots, my kdenlive is in Swedish). I know I enabled it yesterday with no result, but I'm not sure if I restarted kdenlive after enabling it yesterday. Could be something.