This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Clips in a muddle

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kensmith
Registered Member

Clips in a muddle

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:09 pm
New to the forum today, but been using Kdenlive for a while. Currently on Fedora 29 and Kdenlive18.12

I've created a project using HD clips, that originated on 3 SD cards, that I've copied to folders. As a result the project refers to video1, video2 and video3 in the path to the clips but the clips themselves have duplicate names. EG: 00001.mts exists in the video1 & video2 and video3 folders. The project was originally created with a much older version of Kdenlive and I think I should have renamed the clips to make their names unique.

The outcome is that toward the end of the video where kdenlive is using clips that should be in the video3 folder it gets in a muddle and shows the clips out of order and delayed.

Any thoughts on resolving this simply. Could the .kdenlive file be edited to clear this up or would I be better to make the clip names unique.

Many thanks

Ken
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Clips in a muddle

Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:48 pm
Make first a copy of the Kdenlive project file.

Edit the Kdenlive project file with an editor as it is HTML and set the correct path. I assume this is the better way, then Kdenlive knows then in which folder is which MTS file.

Renaming the MTS file would be definitely the best in a manner that you have no duplicate naming.