This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is there a reason Frei0r was left out of the Windows package

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jwideman
Registered Member
I only downloaded this for the 1% that my other software doesn't do and it won't even do that because many of the effects are missing.
bartoloni
OS
looking at latest standalone released: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... dalone.exe (this is the package your are refererring?)
on the package there is the Frei0r directory , the position is the same of other releases: lib/frei0r-1 .. and looking inside there are 129 files(effects)

and opening effects tabs the effects are listed (i tried 4 of them just to be sure that everything is working fine)
jwideman
Registered Member
Every tutorial I look at says "To add an effect, right click the track, add transition..." I right click the track, there's no "add transition". There's only "insert an effect" of which there are 3, and "insert a composition" of which there are 2.
bartoloni
OS
ok.. finally i can understand.. these effects/compositions are a some sort of shortcuts to MUST USED in video editing (i supposed this when i see for the first time the menu)

usually to add an effect/composition you have to drop the effect (from composition/effects space/window) directly on the timeline over a clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB77vpWGuz4
jwideman
Registered Member
Okay, that's becoming a little more clear. But there's still effects missing, like color selection and scratchlines. Is chroma key buffed up enough to not need color selection? And what happened to scratchlines?
bartoloni
OS
Chroma-key (there are 2 effects: "Chroma-key" and "Chroma key") and Scratchlines are present (just checked and tested on latest nightly build for Windows) .. to speed-up searches of effects you can use the magnifying glass icon (on effect TAB)

jwideman
Registered Member
Oh I see! Thanks a lot.