This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help setting up Screen Capture - Typical setup for Linux???

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
richintheusa
Registered Member
I'm running Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon.. and running Kdenlive 19.08.0. The software works great on my computer for editing videos.... but now I want to screen capture.

I've gone to Settings -> Configure Kdenlive and set up up my Environment. I've downloaded and installed ffmpeg, ffplay, ffprobe, and MLT. Got the proper paths set.
I've set up Capture -> Screen Grab as "full screen capture", and with "region capture".
I've set the frame rate as low as 15fps, and as high as 30fps.

Tried the Encoding profile set to "X264 with audio", but that always seems to crash. Tried "X264 mute" and actually got a screen capture. But i want audio too.

I probably need to set up a few new profiles.. .but i'm too much of a newbee to know what the setting should be.

I mentioned that audio doesn't record also. I have the device set to Default, Stereo, 48000 Hz, with the capture volume up.

Any help in some general setting would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks, Rich
bartoloni
OS
Just tried on latest build for Windows, and the screen capture started without any hand-made setting, seems something related to your Linux environment (and i don't know if this can be fixed from Kdenlive settings) better to wait another tester ( MERLIMAU? ) with a Linux machine (Just to be sure that is not a general issue with the specified Appimage)
richintheusa
Registered Member
Thanks Bartaloni.... I'll be on the watch!

As another approach to solving this... would you suggest I play around with ffmpeg and the other applications that kdenlive for this purpose? Perhaps if i get the settings right natively, then could use them in kdenlive too. i'll try this. :)