This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Blurry, Unusable Audio Thumbnails (Pictures Attached)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
residentkaga
Registered Member
https://imgur.com/YloDTNo
https://imgur.com/BIkpegw

Anytime I import audio, be it audio that's attached to a video, or a standalone mp3, my waveforms are blurry, pixelated, and unusable as shown.

I'm using the Windows version, I've tried unchecking the FFmpeg option, trying the nightly build, transcoding to wav, restarting the editor, restarting computer, clearing cache, it's really frustrating because I want to use this editor so much.

Maybe I didn't clear the right cache? I also tried using songs/videos I didn't try before to bypass the cache entirely.
I'd really like to be able to use this version for the new features, but any recommendation for a past version where I don't have to deal with this?

Any help is extremely appreciated.
bartoloni
OS
Seems that you are using Windows as OS, defective images/window/previews are usually related to the Intel VGA drivers, didi you have an Intel VGA?
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Seems the thumbs have been generated with a tiny resolution.
Maybe try clearing audio thumbs from cache (in Project settings)?
residentkaga
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:Seems that you are using Windows as OS, defective images/window/previews are usually related to the Intel VGA drivers, didi you have an Intel VGA?

Yeah I do.

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics | Driver Version 8.15.10.2900
Computer Model/Release Date: HP Touchsmart 610-1030y (2011 Release)

vpinon wrote:Seems the thumbs have been generated with a tiny resolution.
Maybe try clearing audio thumbs from cache (in Project settings)?

Tried your suggestion and no luck.
bartoloni
OS
HP Touchsmart 610-1030y has only the Intel VGA? (looking at HP site, there are drivers for Nvidia/MAD variants) can you confirm you have ONLY the Intel VGA?