This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Title Clip > Show background NOT WORKING

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mcardenas
Registered Member
Hello community

I have just moved from Fedora 29 to Fedora 30 and installed the latest version of Kdenlive from kdenlive.org but there are some weird issues...

When trying to add a title clip as usually, I activate SHOW BACKGROUND but it just does not work, only the empty frame is shown but need the movie image in the background to place correctly the title elements needed. Is it a bug or do I need to do an additional step to show the background? On the right side of the show background option there is a drop-down with the options Checkered, Black and White but they do not change nothing.

And one more question, so I do not require to write an additional post... It is related to the timeline position vertical (white) line showing the current position in the time, it runs and scrolls as the video clip is played, it also stops in the right place when the playback is paused, but I can not move/slide it manually as in the previous versions, if I double click somewhere on the timeline the timeline marker line does not move, only if I restart playing the line jumps there and continues playback. I need to move such vertical "ruler" so I can snap and align a clip or element to it. How can I move it to posicionate the "ruler" somewhere else? Click or double click does nothing, the place where I click is "marked" as the start point to continue playing but it does not move there until I continue playing and it moves from the place I need.

Any suggestion?

I am using Fedora 30, KDE Plasma, the latest (current) version of Kdenlive (downloaded 2 days ago)...

Thanks for your help.

P.S. Problem SOLVED! Just updated all system packages and it worked again...