This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

long black_track producer in kdenlive basic project

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pdavid
Registered Member
Hi:
thank you first for this great tool!
My problem is as follows (I'm using the latest appimage on ubuntu 18.10 and melt 6.10)
My kdenlive project as a producer

<producer id="black_track" in="00:00:00,000" out="00:20:58,167">
<property name="length">2147483647</property>
</producer>

which is then included in a tractor
<tractor title="Anonymous Submission" id="tractor2" global_feed="1" in="00:00:00,000" out="00:20:58,167">
<track producer="black_track"/>
<track producer="tractor0"/>
<track producer="tractor1"/>

When I render the video within kdenlive, it works perfect, also trough the generated script.
However, when I try to render from the command line using melt -progress myProject.mlt then a long black video appears at the end.
Also, when I do melt myProject.kdenlive the video keeps playing after the "true" content, displaying a black screen.

If I manually change the length "00:20:58,167" that appears both in the producer and the tractor, everything goes fine.
Any suggestion?

Regards
David
Merlimau
Registered Member
The current Kdenlive AppImage version is 19.08.2b. To run Kdenlive properly you have to update to Ubuntu 19.04. MLT currect version is 6.16.0. If you update t this versions does the issue still exeist?
pdavid
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:The current Kdenlive AppImage version is 19.08.2b. To run Kdenlive properly you have to update to Ubuntu 19.04. MLT currect version is 6.16.0. If you update t this versions does the issue still exeist?

Ahhh!! probably not possible to do that.... I think I'll change the black_track stuff with a text editor meanwhile.

Thank you very much for your time

David
joetriskaidekaphobia
Registered Member
.. .wrong reply, sorry - can I delete this