This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot Access Online Resources

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mikefreeman
Registered Member

Cannot Access Online Resources

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:03 pm
I'm running Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon and testing out different video editors. Have heard good things about Kdenlive, so I'm currently trying it.

I've tried both the apt package (version 17.12.3) and the snap (version 19.08.2).

In both versions, I've noticed that I cannot access the online resources. When I open the Search Online Resources window, I can select between the three services, but in each case, the boxes where I assume online content should be are always empty and most of the buttons are gray and non-functioning. Are these not just not working for everyone, or is there possibly something specific to my system that's causing issues? I'd like to see what kind of resources are available. I will also try the Flatpak and Appimage versions and see if the same happens there. If there's a change, I will update this post.

Edit: Same is true for Flatpak (version 19.08.3). I haven't tried the Appimage, because the server it was hosted on was being incredibly slow for some reason, and was going to take hours to download.