This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Still no "smart rendering" available in Version 19.08.*?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jefbo
Registered Member
OS
Hi guys, does enyone know, if there is still no smart rendering available in Kdenlive 19.08.*? With smart rendering I mean re-encoding the video only where necessary, e.g. sections in the timeline with transitions or effectcs applied in post processing. If somebody "discovered" this setting, can you kindly post where/how-to? Cheers :)
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
No, this can not happen with current MLT architecture, and this is not forseen as it is not the goal for such an tool, in which normally you have cuts, effects and compositions everywhere.
When we will have efficient GPU encoding & processing this should not be annoying you that much :)
fsckdsk
Registered Member
jefbo wrote:Hi guys, does enyone know, if there is still no smart rendering available in Kdenlive 19.08.*? With smart rendering I mean re-encoding the video only where necessary, e.g. sections in the timeline with transitions or effectcs applied in post processing. If somebody "discovered" this setting, can you kindly post where/how-to? Cheers :)

Which program has that feature?
jefbo
Registered Member
OS
Sorry for the veeeery late reply, I did not have this thread on my radar. VegasPro and VegasMovieStudio have or had ( i don't have the actual versions as they run only under WIN)