This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature suggestion: Text effects and advanced transitions.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fsckdsk
Registered Member
Sony Vegas has text effects, where letters of some text can be animated (e.g. bouncing letters) to introduce the text to the video.

Also, Sony Vegas has transition effects where the screen gets split into around 15 colums that become visible by tilting and lining up with the surface.

It would be good if KDEnlive gets this functionality in the future.

It is not as important as the ability to change the resolution of projects without any corruption (using relative positions instead of absolute ones), but it should be considered in future.
bartoloni
OS
the titler tool is scheduled for a total rewrite (i hope this happens on next year) for now there is no-one working to new titler effects/animation.
usually if i need some cool text i create it using external tool (online tool... or paint softwares) after that i import the image of text (transparent PNG) on kdenlive, and i'm using distortion/moving effect to create what i want ( literally... i don't use the titler tool... and on past i never used the titler tool on other $softwares$ because it's not possible to have full-customized texts in ANY video editor... )

for example when i was using the corel video studio ... i made titles using corel paint shop pro (saving PNG) ... 2 different products.

for what i can see the priority of Kdenlive developer team is to make a much more stable product removing and purgin bad-working effects/transitions increasing compatibility with different platforms (Windows) and i think this is very necessary... better to have a good starting point to add (AGAIN) new features.

BTW you can try the DYNAMIC TEXT tool of Kdenlive.. this is an alternative to standard titler tool.