This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Permission denied to open folder on second hard drive

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
davexenta
Registered Member
OS
I've just installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on a new PC onto a new SSD. I moved my media files from my old PC on a second Hard Drive which is mounted on boot up.
The version of Kdenlive I installed from the Ubuntu Software Centre is now Version 19.08.2 which looks to have changed from my old PC.
The problem I have is that it will not open files on the second Hard Drive.
I had a similar problem with GIMP and had to run "sudo snap connect gimp:removable-media" to get access - is there something similar for kdenlive?

Thanks - Dave
davexenta
Registered Member
OS
I found I had to uninstall kdenlive version 19.08.2 and install version 4:17.12.3-0ubuntu1 - which was also in the Ubuntu Software Centre.

Now I can access the 2nd Hard Drive.

(This was the same problem as I had with Audacity - the Software Centre holds different versions and allows you to install an incompatible version!)
bartoloni
OS
sorry, i don't use Linux (anymore) and i can assist you :( .. i hope the someone reading forum can confirm that this kind of issues can be related to linux distributions...
bwinding
Registered Member
If you're using the snap package you need to grant kdenlive access to other media.

The following command allows kdenlive to access other folders outside of the OS drive.
Code: Select all
sudo snap connect kdenlive:removable-media

See this question for more details: https://askubuntu.com/questions/964377/snap-application-doesnt-see-files-from-another-partition/1228456#1228456
davexenta
Registered Member
OS
Thanks bwinding for the code.

I'm in the middle of a large project on Kdenlive at the moment so I think I'll wait until that's done - and also maybe updating my Ubuntu to the next LTS version!

Thanks again - Dave