This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How can I change Pitch in Kdenlive 19?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rayalez
Registered Member
Hi everyone! I'm creating video tutorials, and I use Kdenlive to edit them. I speed up my videos to 125% so that I can speak slowly while recording the tutorial, and output a better-sounding better-paced video.

In the previous versions of kdenlive, I would speed up video with speed effect, and correct the pitch with AM Pitchshifter. I need that because just speeding up the video makes the voice sound very high-pitched.

I can't figure out how to do this in kdenlive 19+. I can change the speed by right-clicking on the track, but there's no "maintain pitch" option that most editors have, and the AM Pitchshifter node has disappeared in the recent versions.

Can someone suggest a solution or a workaround?

bartoloni
OS
Umh.. can't see AM Pitchshifter on https://lite.framacalc.org/kdenlive-effects
that is the table of Kdenlive effects (usually i watch this table to find why an effect was removed...)

lookign at the effect : https://www.mltframework.org/plugins/FilterLadspa-1433/
there is a know bug... but i don't know why this was removed. (maybe not tested? not used? mistakenly deleted? )

BTW ladspa.1433 is not present on the effect list (related to 19.04 to 19.12 effects cleaning) .. and this mean that probably was removed on 18.x release.

just devs can know that and i hope someone read this post.

Last edited by bartoloni on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
bartoloni
OS
sorry double post
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
LADSPA audio effects are not available in Windows builds since we switched to Craft packager, the jackrack MLT module dependency didn't build easily...
Something to work on (or workaround using avfilter to load LADSPA).
rayalez
Registered Member
@vpinon I'm not on windows, I'm on linux. Ubuntu 18.04, using kdenlive with appimage(because I can't seem to find the binaries I can install through apt-get).

Could you please elaborate on "using avfilter to load LADSPA"? I'm new to kdenlive so I'm not sure what this means, but I'd really like to get it to work.