This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Audio Compressor

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tavernsenses
Registered Member

Audio Compressor

Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:25 pm
Does KDenLive feature an audio compressor? I couldn't find it among the different effects and compositions.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Audio Compressor  Topic is solved

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:38 pm
No, there is no compressor effect available. Kdenlive runs on top of MLT and unfortunately MLT has no support for Lv2 effects. If MLT would have support for Lv2 effects we could use the multiband compressor from https://calf-studio-gear.org/doc/Multiband%20Compressor.html.
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Re: Audio Compressor

Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:31 pm
hi,
why do you say that Kdenlive has no compressor? I have 5 in my Kdenlive 20.08.3: SC1, SC2, SC3, SC4, SC4mono.
mickae
Merlimau
Registered Member

Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:12 pm
You are right but it depends on the OS. On Linux you have more effects then on Windows. On Windows are new 2 compressors available: SC-PEAK and SC-RMS (under CMT plugins).
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:05 pm
The initial messages date back from January, at that time LADSPA audio effects were not packaged on windows.
Note that on Linux they are not installed by default.
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:32 pm
With my current Kdenlive on Manjaro Linux, the audio compressors were already included. I did not have to install anything extra. They work - but I haven't found any instructions anywhere. Do they exist?
mickae
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:40 am
Hello,
I still have a question about the compressor: Kdenlive also has the Dyson compressor. Which of the 6 compressors is the best for spoken word?
mickae