This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive crashing while loading project file, bug squashing?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
baxksterjohnmoli
Registered Member
Hi,

I love the new version of Kdenlive, the audio mixing is a welcome addition. But I after the app being very stable in the last year, it has seemingly become a lot more unstable. I have had in several instances that a (even when newly produced) project fails to load, Kdenlive crashes during or right after loading.

So I was wondering to make it easier for developers to know what broke or where the thing blew up, it would be great if there was a automatic bug reporting feature on crash, that collects all the data that it needs to reproduce the state of the app when it crashed.
I think this would make bug fixing a lot easier, as me as the user might not collect the right info and submit it.

To solve the problem above, I have tried several things:
1. Rename the source video, and then slowly one by one change the name back and relocate the clip in Kdenlive.
2. Rename the project (by add an number at the end) and save several instances, so one at least works.

Nr. 2 by the way is used by Blender 3D very successfully, it just adds a number at the end and you can configure how many saves it preserves.
bartoloni
OS
Hi, are you referring to what OS? and what kdenlive? (latest appimage? https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... 4.appimage )

i have also issues on project that uses .MLT files (usually clips slowed down using the speed JOB) .. when i add an automask to the project sometimes i have a Kdenlive crash.