This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

dependencies probleme with ppa kdenlive on ubuntu 18.04

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
guillaume.fontaine
Registered Member
Hello,
I'm on ubuntu 18.04 with ppa.launchpad.net/kdenlive/kdenlive-stable/ubuntu
Until yesterday, I have a problem of dependencies :
Code: Select all
Les paquets suivants ont des dépendances non satisfaites :

kdenlive: Depends: kdenlive-data (= 4:18.12.3-0+bionic) mais la version 4:19.12.1+qt59-2 est installée

A solution ?
Thanks
bartoloni
OS
hi guillaume!

usually first answer is "please switch to a more updated version of Ubuntu"
usually the reply after that is "i can't update to a more updated version of Ubuntu because..."
and the next reply is "Sorry, better to you to use an older Appimage on Ubuntu 18.04" https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 4.appimage

well.. this is the common answers.

but the 19.04 version of kdenlive is way too old right now... and the updated appimage : https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 4.appimage (can't work on ubuntu 18.04 because the QT version is too old.. for what i know)
Agent24
Registered Member
You need to upgrade the kdenlive-data package from the PPA first, before installing kdenlive package.

However, it may not run when installed. I tried it, and I get an error that libqt5quickcontrols2 is not installed (when it is).

I think it is a bit rich to say people should upgrade from 18.04 which is an LTS and still supported until 2021.... There is no new LTS out yet!
bartoloni
OS
this is not the only fault on Ubuntu 18.04..
viewtopic.php?f=265&t=164344

and there are some others reported. probably the PPA.. is just the first.

Agent24 wrote:segmentation fault

you also experienced issues with 18.04 (and updated Kdenlive)...

i know that changing OS is a pain (sometimes) but if the use of PC is video editing, better to think that Kdenlive was improved a lot on last year. (if video editing is marginal... well.. just wait some months for the new LTS)