This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive 19.12.1a 4K buffer (memory) overflow (Ubuntu 19.10)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Green Dane
Registered Member
OS
HI

I have this issue when editing and previewing 4K video in Kdenlive. When working on 4K DNxHR files, slowly the my computers memory starts to overflow and the system freezes.
This means that I can work on projects for 30 minutes or so, and then I have to restart kdenlive live to avoid system crash. I know that this is the RAM, since I monitor it on the system monitor. This seams like a bug somewhere in kdenlive(?)

On the plus side: The new auto threads rendering works fantastic. Really fast and stable on all 16 threads, and dos not max out the memory, so great work guys. A 4 min. 4K video renders in only 5-6 min with effects on all clips. ^-^

System: Ubuntu 19.10, Kdenlive 19.12.1a, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 32GB RAM, Radeon RX580, SSD drives etc.
farid
Registered Member
OS
Can you provide some footage so I can test?

Green Dane
Registered Member
OS
You can use 4K video converted with ffmeg to 4K 3640x2160 25fps DNxHR. Use 10 or more NLE tracks in kdenlive. I guess you can scale some 1080p video to 4K DNxHR and test it that way. If you still want me to upload, then let me know (the files are large).