This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Background noise reduction

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
soom
Registered Member

Background noise reduction

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:54 am
Hello to everyone, i'm new in this forum. I try to understand how i can remove some background noise from a video clip. Thanks for help
bartoloni
OS

Re: Background noise reduction

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:32 am
for what i know thare are no filters for background noise (graphical compression artifacs do you mean?)
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: Background noise reduction

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:44 pm
soom wrote:Hello to everyone, i'm new in this forum. I try to understand how i can remove some background noise from a video clip. Thanks for help

Assuming you are referring to the audio track of the video clip there are no sound/audio filters available in KDEnlive. For background noise reduction/elimination you would need low or high pass filters, for example.

I suggest you extract the audio track from the video clip and process it in audacity or a similar audio editor software. Audacity has some powerful effects for noise reduction.

Once processed you can import the audio track separately and put it on the timeline. As long as you did not cut or trim it should align perfectly with the video clip it came from. Group the video and audio and there you go ...

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.