This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

rendering from command line a kdenlive script

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mastronic
Registered Member
Good morning all

I'm looking to launch the command line generation of a video from a MLT extension script file generated by kdenlive. I am a Windows 10 user

Example:
C:\kdenlive\bin\kdenlive.exe -renderqueue project-test.mlt
> this command is not correctle.

Thank you in advance
Thierry
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Salut :)
You have to use the "melt" executable, with only argument the .mlt playlist, to get the final render.
Note: if you run "melt" on your .kdenlive project, it will just play it and not save the result to a file, as it does not embed the "consumer" element defining the render output, it is added at export stage.
mastronic
Registered Member
vpinon wrote:Salut :)
You have to use the "melt" executable, with only argument the .mlt playlist, to get the final render.
Note: if you run "melt" on your .kdenlive project, it will just play it and not save the result to a file, as it does not embed the "consumer" element defining the render output, it is added at export stage.

Thanks vpinon, Merci :)
For my example, use
Code: Select all
set melt=C:\Kdenlive\kdenlive\bin\melt.exe
%melt%  project-test.mlt -consumer avformat:test.mp4 f=mp4 movflags=+faststart vcodec=libx264 progressive=1 g=15 bf=2 crf=15 acodec=aac ab=256k

command executes well, but does not automatically generate video "test.mp4". why ?

Below, the screenshot of the execution result

if you press successively the space key. The video file is generated.
does the notification "Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated..." block the generation?

Regards
Thierry