This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive title clip editing related issues

Tags: title clip, edit title clip, edit title clip, edit
(comma "," separated)
Ghost-Order
Registered Member
Hello, recently I got a translation job for a video, and since I recently (a month ago) change from W10 to Linux (Manjaro KDE Plasma) I decide to give Kdenlive a try. I supposed that being translation the task to do I wouldn't have any issues since all the video editors have that capacity, however I'm facing two issues that, though they don't stop me from doing my job, really slow my workflow.

First, when I create a title clip and add it into the timeline I can't edit it from the timeline itself, I was expecting to be able to edit title clips with just a double click on them (I even assign a shortcut to it but it just work with the selected clip in the project panel). To edit a title clip I have to double click on it from the project panel, is this the only way? it may seem to be a frivolous thing but I think this really slows my workflow, since it is a translation work I'm going to be primarily editing texts and adjusting them to the video timeline.

Second issue I met with is the align option in the title clip editing window doesn't seem to work, because after I clicked on it and proceed to edit the text it have the same left-to-right orientation, so if I want to edit a text I have to constantly centering the text "object" itself after every edit.

Is there a way to solve this issues?

Kdenlive version: 19.12.1
KDE Plasma version is 5.17.5
bartoloni
OS
Hi, the tiler tool will be rewritten soon, i doubt that something will be fixed before this time.
I'm also hoping for this auto-centering fixes. (and better shadows)