This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Change speed of multiple clips or whole track

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
designsimprinting
Registered Member
I'm new to Kdenlive, using 19.12.1. I'm trying to speed up the majority of a video I'm making with lots of smaller clips in it. I've found how to change the speed of individual clips, but I'd like to see an option where the speed adjustment can be done the same time to grouped clips, or even an entire track at the same time. Also, I'd like to see the clip speed dialog box accept keystroke input instead of having to use the up or down arrows. Really annoying to want to double the speed on 90% of the project, but have to use the clip speed and hold the up arrow down until the counter reaches 200% for EVERY clip. The work I do uses lots of speed changes, so this would be a welcome fix.

If anyone has a viable work-around, I'm all ears....

Thanks.
gmarquina
Registered Member
Same issue for me. I think it'll be useful to change the speed setting for a whole track, so every video placed in it should set the speed to that specif value.

Now that speed is not an effect anymore, can't figure how to handle this.
adeladr
Registered Member
I figured out how to change the speed of single track. If you open the 'change speed' dialog. Select the value - right click - delete. Then it allowes you to type in a new value. Weird but it works for me.
With multiple tracks I still couldn't figure it out.
Hope it helps at least a bit.
bartoloni
OS
gmarquina wrote:Same issue for me. I think it'll be useful to change the speed setting for a whole track, so every video placed in it should set the speed to that specif value.
Now that speed is not an effect anymore, can't figure how to handle this.

can you explain (an example) of when this can be usefull?
blue-on
Registered Member
OS
bartoloni wrote:can you explain (an example) of when this can be usefull?

adjusting mutiple sequential clips that already edited
bartoloni
OS
something like a slideshow? pure images?
blue-on
Registered Member
OS
bartoloni wrote:something like a slideshow? pure images?

no. long video cut down into many pices.