This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

after applying an effect focus stays in effects search box

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Bruce Chastain
Registered Member
Hello,

I love love kdenlive, don't get me wrong, thanks to everyone who works on the project big time!

One little thing that bugs me all the time is that when I double click to apply an effect (often mute) to the clip, the focus goes to the effects search box. The problem with that is I use the space bar all the time to start and stop the video on the time line, so I'll click the space bar expecting my video to start playing, but what it actually does is add a space to the effect search box, thus not only does it not play the video but it also starts making the effects get filtered out. So then I have to remove the spaces from the search bar and then use the mouse to click back into the video timeline.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to use the software that I'm missing? Or is there something we can do to change the focus to go back to the timeline after an effect is added?

thanks,
BruceChastain.com

bartoloni
OS
Hi Just tried on latest nigthly build for windows.. and this is not happening to me (focus stay on last clip clicked).
what version of kdenlive are you ussing? on what os?
Bruce Chastain
Registered Member
Hi Bartoloni,

Good point I forgot to mention my system and software version. I'm on Lubuntu 19.04 with the LXqt desktop. And Kdenlive is Version 18.12.3.

Hi Just tried on latest nigthly build for windows.. and this is not happening to me (focus stay on last clip clicked).
what version of kdenlive are you ussing? on what os?

bartoloni
OS
On Lubuntu 19 appimages can run... can you try this? https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... 4.appimage
Bruce Chastain
Registered Member
yep I tried that with a snap, but believe it or not, to my surprise, I can't bring any video into my project.

bartoloni wrote:On Lubuntu 19 appimages can run... can you try this? https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... 4.appimage

Bruce Chastain
Registered Member
Hi all, I wanted to give an update on this. So it seems snaps being able to reach external drives is a known issue in general and there seems to be some methods to fix it. But rather than mess with that I first uninstalled both my native apt-get and snap versions, then installed a appimage of the latest version. Success it works and the space bar focus bug is fixed!!!! Thanks for guiding me along!