This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Win10 UAC prompt every time I open Kdenlive

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TestDriversGroup
Registered Member
Good Day All!

I'm relatively *NEW* to the Kdenlive world, and I'm able to navigate the program easily enough, however, each time I open the program Windows 10 User Account Control issues a prompt requesting me to confirm I want to run the program. I was under the impression that once I Right-Click and select "Run As Administrator", the WIN10 UAC prompts would go away...

I'm logged into my system as the Admin, and I've updated the shortcut by selecting the checkbox within the "Properties" > (Right-click shortcut>Open File Location>Right-click>Properties>Shortcut tab>Advanced>"Run As Admin"). This doesn't seem to correct the prompts from showing.

I like the effects and tools within Kdenlive, but this program is stupid frustrating. Any ideas, tips, etc?
bartoloni
OS
the RUN AS ADMIN flag it's necessary to FORCE the request of execution as administrator. (this maybe add a request if the request is not displayed, to make the app able to read/write all users areas and program files folder)

on my Windows 10 i have the UAC active and i can launch Kdenlive directly from the link created on START MENU ,this link will be created when using the official installer of Kdenlive (this is latest: https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... 64-gcc.exe )

make sure to dont' have any flags on compatibility mode or administrative rights for main executable. (better to uninstall previous version of kdenlive and remove all the folders created.. also be sure to install Kdenlive FOR ANYONE (and not just user) when prompted.

if you have the UAC settings reduced ... you have to restore the UAC level ( 3 ) to the default ...restart the PC and reinstall Kdenlive as administrator.