This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Render crashes when using project file in different folder

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
brettv
Registered Member
Hi,
Kdenlive allows you to drag and drop another kdenlive project file into your current project and I've never had problems with this before.
However the project I am working on suddenly won't render and I think it's because the project file that I dragged&dropped is in a different directory.
Check out https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ljrwben6kqee ... Eax6a?dl=0
Load crasher.kdenlive and try to render it. I am running Kdenlive 19.12.3 under Windows and selecting MP4 as the output.
It's impossible for me to get the project to render properly. I get a render crashed error with this error log:

Code: Select all
[producer_xml] failed to load producer "C:/Users/poopsie/Desktop/crasher/intro-outro/title-rectangle.png"
[mp4 @ 0000000002697040] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead. [mp4 @ 0000000002697040] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead. Current Frame: 26, percentage: 17

Anyway, the project file that I am trying to link to is simple enough to recreate inside my current project. But it's strange that it makes the render crash. Why is this happening?
Maybe we need to disable drag&drop of project files?
Or maybe this is just a Windows thing?
Thoughts and help appreciated!
bartoloni
OS
you can't move project files to another path because on the project script there are "absolute" paths for every clip... and this is happening to me from the first release of Kdenlive for Windows.