This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive Snap not able to render project, deb version can.

Tags: kdenlive, bug kdenlive, bug kdenlive, bug
(comma "," separated)
reddragon
Registered Member
Hello,

I am on running both version of kdenlive (snap & deb version from the kubuntu backports ppa) 19.12.3.

My OS is: Kubuntu 19.10 eoan, fully updated.

The deb version works just fine, no problems.

The snap version when attempting to render with any profile, or options thereof it just say's waiting... and never moves forward. Once I click 'render to file', it has a button selectable saying 'start job', when pressed it doesn't do anything. The start button isn't clickable in the deb version as it just immediately starts rendering.

When I run kdenlive snap from cli (snap run kdenlive) it outputs:

* CREATED JOB WITH ARGS: ("/snap/kdenlive/23/usr/bin/melt", "/tmp/kdenlive-pQWvrQ.mlt", "/home/reddragon/snap/kdenlive/23/Videos/untitled.mp4", "-pid:19778")
starting kdenlive_render process using: "/snap/kdenlive/23/usr/bin/kdenlive_render"
dbus[19925]: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were incorrect, assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file ../../../dbus/dbus-message.c line 1366.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace

Is this maybe a bug in the snap version? I've had this same issue before with the deb version a while ago, but somehow went away, i can't recall what fixed it.

I'm somewhat new to snap, and still learning. I know snap's are more confined than deb's, which I thought maybe might be an issue however I checked it's connections through snap and only 1 is disconnected which is removable-drives and which wouldn't resolve the issue.

Thank you :)
Merlimau
Registered Member
Yes this is a packaging issue in snap. The best is to use the AppImage from the download page because the AppImage contains all deps needed and it's the most stable version.