This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

"pinpoint" clips in timeline

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ammpexx
Registered Member

"pinpoint" clips in timeline

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:18 pm
Hi Guys,

I know, this is really a basic question, but google did not really help... I have two clips (two camera angles), put them in different tracks in the timeline and synchronize them. When I now start editing, of course, I dont want to move clips or fragments of them by accident. Is there any way to "lock" a clip in the timeline, while allowing to trim, cut, put effects, etc.?
I'm not sure, if my English is sufficient for my question to make any sense, but I hope, you can point me to the right feaure.
bartoloni
OS

Re: "pinpoint" clips in timeline

Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:56 am
i think there is not an option like that... if i understand you want to be sure to not move (left/right) the clips to prevent audio/video displacement.
this mean that is necessary some sort of "locker" to prevent these movements...
ammpexx
Registered Member

Re: "pinpoint" clips in timeline

Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:59 pm
bartoloni wrote:i think there is not an option like that... if i understand you want to be sure to not move (left/right) the clips to prevent audio/video displacement.
this mean that is necessary some sort of "locker" to prevent these movements...

That is exactly what I am looking for! This does seem so basic to me that I'm a bit baffled to hear there is no such Thing? I don't find it that strange to synchronize two clips and then not wanting to worry about it while editing?
How Do you guys handle this normally? Just... Not move clips? 😉
IT tends to happen to me quite often by accident and whats worse.. I dont always notice it.