This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

View position of clips/objects outside the "monitor" preview

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alainroger
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I already created several small videos with KDEnlive, and i still miss a simple feature while i compose. We all see elements/media/clips that are on the screen output in the viewport of the video or KDEnlive "monitor" while previewing.

However, i need to see elements/media/clips outside this preview viewport. In order to see their position and to check that transition (while they comes in action/move to the viewport). This is very important when you play with zoom, blur, rotation effects e.g. and that clips come from outside the "monitor" viewport.

Is there a way to see that as other software propose (e.g. DaVinci Resolve) or there is no way ?

thx

Kubuntu 22.04 / kernel 5.15.x
KDE 5.24.5 / KDE framework: 5.95 / Qt version: 5.15.3
Merlimau
Registered Member
Do you mean to see what is outside the clip- or project-monitor? Example: If you have a clip which slides in with transform you want to see the part which is not visible on the monitor. Correct? If so, this is not possible at the moment.
alainroger
Registered Member
OS
i mean the outside part (outside the borders) of the project-monitor (in red) as you can see below:

in the way, we can see from where is coming the text or the clip and if there is any rotation or zoom in/out and so on...

Kubuntu 22.04 / kernel 5.15.x
KDE 5.24.5 / KDE framework: 5.95 / Qt version: 5.15.3