This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

audio out of sync

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bananaplug
Registered Member

audio out of sync

Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:08 am
I've started trying out Kdenlive again and really enjoying but have noticed that there seems to be an issue with audio sync.

As a test i imported a video that I know is in sync - when i play it on the timeline the audio and video are slightly out of sync in kdenlive, but if i reexport it without changing anything, the rendered file is back in sync. However if I adjust it so that it plays in sync within kdenlive, it is out of sync in the rendered file.

I have googled and see that a few other people have had this issue but not sure if there is a solution - is there a fix for this?

I am using kdenlive 19.12.3 downloaded from Discover on Kde Neon User Edition 5.18

thanks
bartoloni
OS

Re: audio out of sync

Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:16 am
What format is this video? can you provide a small sample with the audio de-sync?
bananaplug
Registered Member

Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:57 am
Hey thanks for reply. The video was an mp4. The de-sync is small probably less than 250ms, but definitely noticeable with percussive strikes. I'm not able to post a video as i'm not on my studio computer atm will be back in the next couple of days, but was just wondering if its a known bug or if there is a fix as it seemed i wasn't the only one experiencing it. Cheers
disasterartist
Registered Member

Sun May 03, 2020 8:02 am
I noticed the same problem with version 20.04.0. The audio I used was not linked to the video clips, but a separate track. Moving the audio track forward by 4 frames before rendering results in a more or less synced final render.

bartoloni wrote:What format is this video? can you provide a small sample with the audio de-sync?

Would you be interested in a part of the rendered video and/or the source files?