This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

text size vs clip size

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alainroger
Registered Member
OS

text size vs clip size

Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:36 pm
Hi,

in my video i have several texts. I already used another software like KDEnlive, which is DaVinci Resolve.
I would like to know, if there is a way to play with texts and zoom in/out, rotate them keeping text sharpness in KDEnlive as Resolve does ?

e.g. in Resolve, you can set a text node and based on keyframes, increase the text size or to change text color without altering the text quality (text stays sharp, clean, etc..)

AFAIK, text in KDEnlive are title clips that have the full project-monitor size as their own size.
It's a problem for me because when I zoom in/out on a title clip, the zoom effect changes the X, Y of the text based on the zoom factor. I was not able to tell KDEnlive, on X=560 and Y=60, just keep aligned the text center on this point and ONLY zoom in (e.g. by 50%).
Automatically, it changed the X and Y of the title clip...As result, the text moves somewhere and zoom is done, while title clip should just stay where its center is and zoomed in/out.

Moreover, the zoom changes the size of the complete clip (title clip). Therefore, it changes the sharpness of text and it looks awefull comparing to its initial size.
Is there a way to solve my 2 issues with title clips ?

thx.

Kubuntu 22.04 / kernel 5.15.x
KDE 5.24.5 / KDE framework: 5.95 / Qt version: 5.15.3
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: text size vs clip size

Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:15 pm
Unfortunately these 2 issues cannot be solved with the current titler. We take a note of the issue to be solved in the upcoming new titler.
alainroger
Registered Member
OS

Re: text size vs clip size

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:16 pm
ok. At least thx for the clear answer

Kubuntu 22.04 / kernel 5.15.x
KDE 5.24.5 / KDE framework: 5.95 / Qt version: 5.15.3
Merlimau
Registered Member