This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Glitched mkv clip after crash while recording

Tags: glitched clip, mkv, obs crash, negative time glitched clip, mkv, obs crash, negative time glitched clip, mkv, obs crash, negative time
(comma "," separated)
Pokemaniac_101
Registered Member
Hi,

I was using OBS to record Minecraft gameplay but my computer overheated and crashed in the middle of it. I was recording to mkv so the footage was fine but after importing it into kdenlive to edit my video, the clip was glitched. I'm using the latest version and it plays fine when I just click on the clip in the left toolbar but when I drag it onto the timeline there's nothing but a blank screen. The clip length is also screwed up. Instead of saying 00:22:11 etc like it should, it says that the clip is -19884:-6:-28:-7. That is negative 19884 hours, not 22 minutes. Like I said, the clip itself is fine but for some reason kdenlive doesn't like it. I don't know what to do.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Save the project and close it. Open the Kdenlive project file with an editor and remove the minus. Load the project file. But this is just a guess.