This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Transitions between nonadjacent tracks

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dave L
Registered Member
I'm a new Kdenlive user, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I looked at several tutorials, read the online manual and searched this forum, to no avail.

Is it possible to do transitions (specifically wipes) between overlapping clips that are NOT in adjacent tracks? If so, how?

All of the tutorials I've viewed and instructions I've read illustrate transitions between clips located in adjacent tracks.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Same track transition is planned to implement. Let's see if this can be made into 20.08.
Dave L
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:Same track transition is planned to implement. Let's see if this can be made into 20.08.

Thanks, but I think you misunderstood my question. I as asking about doing transitions between clips on nonadjacent tracks, for instance a clip on track 1 with a clip on track 3.
bartoloni
OS
what exactly mean "transitions" ? if is just a fade in fade out effect.. it's possible to use "compositions" (there is a track selector) .. if you need some wipe-efefct.. the best way is cutting the clip to make the cutted clip in the right position to make a "wipe" effect. (just for the seconds necessary to make the effect smooth)