This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Absolute frames for animation editing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jacobzeier
Registered Member
OS
I'm making an animated movie project. I would import the frames and cut them into 1's (24 fps), 2's (12 fps), 3's (8 fps) and/or 4's (6 fps) and arrange them in the correct order of movement. I use Pencil 2D to make the images; it's hand-drawn (cartoon) animation, you know. I would export the frames as .png files and import them into this software. I rely on the Pencil 2D project file's timeline to correspond with the order of the frames in the Kdenlive project file's timeline. The only problem I have is Pencil 2d only uses the "absolute frames" ruler time format, not hours, minutes, seconds and frames; the SMPTE time code. Just frames, such as 4,608 instead of 00:03:12:00 like Kdenlive does. The true question I'm asking is...is it possible to change the ruler time format, like changing it from hh:mm:ss:ff to absolute frames? Maybe it can't be done in the program itself, but do you suppose there are any "add-ons" or "plug-ins" that can serve such a purpose? I would like to know because I want to use absolute frames when knowing where to put the frames on the timeline in relation to the timeline in Pencil 2D. Please help.