This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cut out parts without picture and minimum audio change

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stonelee
Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I've just started using Kdenlive and I'm really, really happy with it so far! :)
As I mainly use it to cut (teaching) videos which contain many parts with no picture and minimum audio change, I was wondering if there's a feature/effect to automatically cut out that parts? I know it might be a special feature but maybe it's already existing.

Thanks and best regards!
Ben
Merlimau
Registered Member
Do you mean cutting out audio contain silence? What do you mean by “with no picture”? Timeline contains nothing and you see a black screen?
stonelee
Registered Member
Ok sorry, I try to explain it more clearer:

My videos contain many sections (2-4s each) where there is no change from frame to frame... combined with silence (maybe a bit of background noise).
So it's kind of like the video is freezed for some seconds. Unfortunately I can't prevent that while recording my videos and till now, have to cut these parts out manually.

I thought maybe I can find and select these parts automatically with a filter (which recognizes the "freezed" frames) and afterwards cut them out.
Merlimau
Registered Member
This is not possible at the moment but it's a feature request: https://invent.kde.org/kde/kdenlive/-/i ... note_46150.
stonelee
Registered Member
Ok happy to hear that it has already been added to the Feature Request List.
Thank you!
BR Ben